Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Various and Sundry Notes...

Posts have been infrequent of late. There was a trip to Spokane, WA, and somewhat of a lack of optimism. Even so, I've done work, spreading the word where I can. This housing bust has been somewhat frightening, but hopefully awareness of the issues, as well as proper corrective action taken by the main players involved, will allow the market to take its beatings where they are due without letting panic do additional unnecessary damage.

I'm holding a very small amount of First Solar, and a very large amount of Composite Technology. Yesterday I bought some LDK, and today I sold some but not all of it.

Having initially invested in March of this year, I've been up 50%, but by Thursday I was back down to where I started. I was seriously thinking about selling everything, and waiting until the Mortage Lenders finished collapsing, but it looks like things are stable right now, and CPTC has gone up about 14% from it's bottom. The volume is low, but it's hopeful nonetheless. A bit of good news would be helpful.

I'm working on another Solar-Related Website for a potential contract job. I'm also thinking that I might be able to double up the use of that Site / Database to gather business from other Alt Energy Companies. We'll see, I've got a few technical challenges to get through first.

BTW: Here's a heck of a Bloomberg article on how Subprime is present in Money Market Funds, which are supposed to be among the safest of Investments.

Subprime Infects $300 Billion of Money Market Funds, Hikes Risk



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book


No comments: