Saturday, November 29, 2008

Residential thinking..

I mentioned housing back in December of '07, and though the idea behind the post hasn't become reality, I stand behind what I said.

The question right now is, how is Obama going to help to create this scenario. As it stands, we have the 15% Investment Tax Credit, but this isn't enough to give the market a sense of direction.

One item that I'd like to see would be a kind of a Government loan guarantee to banks that would support the financing of alt-energy projects. Domestic Energy Installations pay for themselves over time, and so the guarantee itself, would likely cost the Taxpayer very little. If the Government were to guarantee lending on some limited time and scale basis, banks would be incented to start to produce the lending programs that will benefit both, the banks, and the borrowers over the long term.



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DP, I don't see an email link. Check out our future energy secretary, though you already have I bet. http://gas2.org/2008/12/14/steven-coal-is-my-worst-nightmare-chu-obamas-energy-secretary/

Don P said...

Yeah, this guy rocks! I'm looking forward to the official announcement!