Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm learning Lessons.

I've had a small amount of money in ESLR for about two years. Prior to that the only time I've invested was right at the end of the dotcom boom. My main activity started at the end of March with the addition of a significant chunk of money to my account.

With a degree in physics, it could be said that I've been studying energy pretty thoroughly since about 1996, but my drive towards alternative energy really kicked in soon after 9/11.

Since March I've ranged from about -10% to +60%. Right now I'm at about +10% after taxes.

Watching this LDK drama is incredibly fascinating.

For one thing, I'm learning that to sell a good company because the price is down is the height of foolishness. You can only do that so many times before you will have nothing.

For another thing, I've learned that you can't trust the reporters. They all have their own motives, and know very well their effect on the markets. You gotta do your own work, and get as close to your own truth as possible.

Note that after close today the WSJ put out quite a friendly article on LDK ( Partial Eclipse: LDK Solar
Highlights China Stocks' Risk


This morning I was way down, not just in LDK, but in AKNS and ASTI. I felt great and confident, however. By the end of the day, I was pretty burnt out, but still feeling good, because I'd not gotten afraid and sold out. Yes, I sold FSLR at a gain, and I sold some ASTI at a profit. I was concerned about my available margin. I figure that as long as I'm not forced to sell, then I've got no problems.

We're still just getting started in putting together an industry, but it's a critical industry, and the long term is white hot. My ultimate goal must be to stay in until it's ready to pay me off for my patience.



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book


No comments: