Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today's notes. ZAAP, LDK.

I bought some ZAAP today. It will probably not be a long term hold. They seem to be a mixed bag. They do seem to have picked up some support from the UAE, and they're rolling out a couple of new products at the end of the month. I talked to a buddy who once worked there. He's extremely smart and knowledgable on the subject of electric vehicles, and he recommended against buying. It was a very brief email, I'll be following up next week over beers. I'll take the risk right now, because the last he's heard appears to be two years ago, and they do seem to have made some progress, and the market is powerfully in support of their product right now.

I'm also buying LDK; it certainly appears to be taking off. I don't know where it's going to go, but it's got alot of room to move. The burden of many thousands of high strike price, out-of-the-money calls will be gone as of June Expiration, which may help to take the lid off, as will as an extra million short shares as of the most recent report.



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book


No comments: